Dear Chief Minister – past & present,
Just two words to you. Thank You. For, you have enlightened us in many ways in 4 days. You made us understand what we have and what we don’t have; what we are and what we aren’t.
Fist, what we have:
- A Chief Minister who wouldn’t talk to the very people who elected her. Conceit? Probably.
- A CM who has aspirations to become a PM but with not even a hundredth of the latter’s attributes.
- A whole army of nincompoops. Call them ‘ministers’ at your peril.
- A swarm of MLAs who are no better.
- A legislature of owls err.. party men who bring disgrace to the hyenas.
- A state civil administration that is too inept to even provide direction to the defence services. But can’t blame them as you chose them.
- A complete army of sycophants who have made even the Congress party members blush.
- A slew of politicians who were so vociferous until the other day on intolerance and other debates but have suddenly lost their speech now.
Second, what we didn’t have:
- A leader from the state who would stand by the people.
- A leader who could provide proper direction to the administration.
- A human being at the helm.
- The ‘stars’ who perform rather than whine.
- Elected representatives that could talk coherently.
But by all the above, you made us know who we were.
And we are:
- One people for whom religion is just an attribute.
- One people for whom caste is just an indicator.
- The Hindus who let Muslims take shelter in temples.
- The Muslims who prepare food for the Hindus.
- The Jains who distribute food to the Muslims.
- Triplicane brahmins who cook food for the Thondiarpet Christians.
- The Sri Rangam Mamis who make chappatis for the Saidapet slum dwellers.
- The Ambur Muslims who provide mats for Agraharam Iyers.
- The ‘terrorist’ RSS that took care of carrying the dead in flood.
- The ‘extremist’ MMK who provide shelter to the Chettiar Hindus.
- The 5th standard girl child from Trichy who makes chappatis for unknown friends in Chennai.
- The Sikh gents who swim to help the slum dwellers.
- The brave army men who battle snakes to save the elderly.
- The air force men who save many pregnant women.
- The fisherfolk that has saved so many lives that we don’t know how many.
- The hundreds of ordinary, non-descript people who opened doors for complete strangers and established ‘Vasudaiva Kudumbakam’- One world one family.
The more you sought to divide us, the more we became one. You tried to divide us on caste, religion and language. But we came together as Indians.
Now we know no Muslim, no Hindu and no Christian. We only know Indians who happen to be Muslims, Christians and Hindus.
And a big thank you, for refusing to show up needing the Prime Minister to make you do your duty.
Thank you, yet again, for showing us that what the state needs is not parochialism or linguistic division or caste based confusion.
Thank you for showing us that Anna-ism, Dravidian-ism, Parochial-ism, Hindu-ism, Brahmin-ism, Non-Brahmin-ism, Islam-ism or whatever ‘ism’ don’t work and the only ‘ism’ that works is Human-ism and that we are bound by National-ism in this effort.
Thank you for bringing out the Indianness in us.
Jai Hind & Good bye.
- This applies to all the Chief Ministers of the past 30 or so years.
- Here are some pictures showing who we are. ( pics taken from social media )
31 thoughts on “Thank you, Chief Minister”
Thank you for showing us that at least ordinary Indians will save the once great nation and make it great again!
Yes sure will.
A suggestion. The word parliament can be changed to Legislature. – just to differentiate between nation and state.
“Thank you Chief Minister” is an excellent message. It is a bold message. But, who is going to awake from your message? Kudos for writing such a bold message.
That Panni Selvam.. He is such a moron . I cannot believe that guy is TN’s minister of finance. People are scared of her . That is what bothers me. They make a comment about JJ two days later they retract which proves one thing. This goondaism needs to be controlled. As a first step people should vote her out.
People from other states and languages resident or non resident- poured love and compassion. So along with religious divide the language divide was washed away
Excellent article wish not sure if these will change atleast can see increased awareness now..
Thank you. Stay connected.
Very well said Amaruvi. God bless!
Thank you. stay connected.
ex eellent article. thanks for sharing
Thank you. Stay connected.
The description of people of different religions was far.too extensive – so much so, that one wonders why you would be so conscious of it…
We Tamilians, why, we Indians are a secular people by heart and by our Constitution, and we need no reason to boast about it.. Doing things without any pomp through words or even thought is the real way to set an example.. JMHO
Today, Chennai is a living example of how the people of India are actually much better off without these so called leaders. We know peace, harmony and the very basic human quality called compassion. They don’t and they need to come out of their palaces and from under the piles of money and realize that they are not really required in this country. We are a happier and peaceful lot without them.
Well said. Thanks and spread the word.
I Just feel this #Chennaiflood before and after, Before the flood it was a common silence in the general public(like before a storm silence), but now i can see the Spark in the Public. What I feel is this is just one spark now and made united the people across their difference of Beliefs.
That too i can see the Spark in the youngsters, this is right for us and good for us. YES i now have the confidence we will be sooner or later have the best governance and BEST of humanity all the time.
Thanks for your article it was indeed expressed everything… Keep up the good work with your writing and keep inspire the youngsters with more of these kind of awakening…
Thank you sir. Please stay connected for further articles
You have brought it out excellent. You also should have put the photos of the Councillor s who prevented the volunteers from distribution. They should be brought booked under ipc and they should never come out in public for another 20years.
God bless u.
Thank you. Stay connected sir
The tragedy is that this one changes nothing. Same sets of of fraudsters playing musical chairs. When will the people realise this ? When will we see genuine alternatives ? When will we vote for real change ?
Thank you for your comments. Very true. Please stay connected for more .
FORGET ABOUTINEFFICIENT ADMIN, LEADERSHIP, AR T LEAST WHERE IS THE HUMANE APPROACH.
BEING A LADY, THIS IS SOMETHING UNBECOMING, NEVER CARED FOR PEOPLE,, CANNOT IMAGINE WHY THE STICKERS OF THIS INHUMAN BEING POSTED EVERYWHERE, WHEN SHE HAS NO CONTRIBUTION. HOW CAN SHE PUT HER STICKER IN OUR TAX PAYERS MONEY. IT IS NOT HER EARNINGS TO PUT HER STICKER. WHY HER PHOTO IS BEING PUT EVERWHERE, IS IT THE TAMIL NADU GOVERNMENT OR THE QUEENS RULE
Very true. Thank you for stopping by. Stay connected for more.
Truly said. These TN politicians and their stooges have created havoc by assisting encroachments along the river, tank & lake bunds. It is only these encroachers who broke the bunds in several places just to protect their illegally constructed tenements. The havoc caused in TN during these severe rains is ninety percent man-made since
several waterbodies were systematically gobbled-up and distributed to encroachers illegally.
Thank you for your comments. Pl stay connected for more of such.
Central government has all the rights to dismiss the current state government and bring governors rule since election is only few months away. Otherwise ruling party will misuse and loot relief fund for the next election…..
People get the leaders they deserve, and in a democracy that at least goes through the motions as ours does, there is no place for the people to hide. Tamilians – who are the best educated least violent of all Indians – should all be ashamed. They elected the Ammas and Appas. They immolate themselves at the slightest opportunity. They have swallowed large dollops of maladminstration when packed along with the seasoning of anti-brahminism, Tamil pride, Dravidian pride – whatever. So serve all of us right. We will get this and get a lot more.
Thank you. Stay connected.
I think the most important point missing is the Youth of Chennai had paved way to everyone that help to fellow human being is the best way to go ahead in life, without battling an eye they went about doing their task of helping ppl in distress and everyone followed it to the T.
In days to come YOUTH will show a difference in the way state and country to be governed. They need support and simple guidance would see a different India in coming days. Transparency is key for them, they see only a fellow human being nothing else.